How We Helped
Next Street was initially engaged by Gentle Giant in 2007 to develop a strategic plan that delivered on the company’s goal of being the no. 1 provider of moving and storage services in the U.S. Over the last eight years, Next Street has served as a trusted advisor on all aspects of the organization — including recruiting a CFO, organizational design, pricing strategy, market strategy, and sales optimization.
- Created and implemented a multi-year national expansion plan to launch regional offices and interstate business
- Developed a multi-faceted cost reduction plan that enabled the company to weather the economic downturn by creating operational efficiencies, not laying off employees
- Partnered with the management team to navigate high-priority initiatives and critical challenges: established working group structure, developed financial and operational reporting, identified long-term growth initiatives, supported the owner in defining a succession plan to raise the profile of the management team, and shifted the culture to become more customer-centric.
- We developed a national growth strategy and helped implement it over time, increasing revenue from $27 million to $43 million
- Increased efficiency of operations leading to significant growth in profitability coming out of the recession, despite a 9 percent drop in revenue in 2009
- Guided expansion from three to eight regional hubs across the country
Working with Next Street for nearly a decade has helped me realize my vision for my business.Larry O’Toole, President and Founder