How We Partner with SBS
Since 2012, Next Street has partnered with SBS to design and manage several small business development programs. We are the operator of two NYC Business Solutions Centers, one in Lower Manhattan and another in Queens. Each Center serves as a one-stop resource center for entrepreneurs and small business owners at various stages, from newly launched to established businesses. Our work with SBS has grown to include Next Street involvement in WE NYC, an initiative dedicated to helping women start and grow their businesses, and Love Your Local, a program that helps local businesses continue providing the jobs, goods, and services that make our neighborhoods vibrant.
NYC Business Solution Centers
In 2022, through our work at the NYC Business Solution Centers we have:
- Provided business education courses to 3,750+ participants at our two locations
- Held 900+ business consultations with small business owners to discuss topics ranging from how to start a business to how to get financing to what licenses and/or permits the business needs
- Connected over 150 small business owners with pro-bono legal consultations
- Provided over $10 Million in loans, lines of credit, and grants awarded to 400+ small businesses
- Connected 56 small businesses with personal credit counseling
- Submitted 35 M/WBE certification applications to help those clients become more competitive when pursuing contracts with the City of New York
WE Master Leadership
Next Street designed and manages the WE Master Leadership program, a 3-day workshop offering tools and tips to help women entrepreneurs master negotiation skills, craft a formal business pitch to win new business, and hone collaborative leadership skills. More than 900 women have completed these workshops in the past 3 years.
Love Your Local
NYC Love Your Local was created by the New York City Department of Small Business Services as a grant program to help longstanding, non-franchise, small businesses thrive in New York City, where rents and real estate costs are always increasing. Next Street was selected by SBS to complete business assessments of 30 small businesses in Lower Manhattan and Queens; of those 30 small businesses, 20 were selected by SBS to receive continued in-depth advising by Next Street and $90,000 in grant funding.